Saturday, January 24, 2015

Justin Bieber sees Comedy Central roast as ‘therapy’: report

Justin Bieber sees Comedy Central roast as ‘therapy’: report:

Singer Justin Bieber will be roasted by Comedy Central on March 7 and reportedly sees the upcoming experience as 'therapy.'
Frederick M. Brown/Getty Images for Variety Singer Justin Bieber will be roasted by Comedy Central on March 7 and reportedly sees the upcoming experience as 'therapy.'
Justin Bieber's Comedy Central roast is apparently his version of a therapist's couch.

The 20-year-old pop star, who is set to be publicly mocked March 7 by the network, sees it as therapeutic, TMZ reported.

The Biebs has been the center of controversial incidents over the last year including a DUI arrest, vandalizing his neighbor's home with eggs, assault allegations, celebrity feuds and an exhausting on-again, off-again relationship with Selena Gomez. But according to the gossip site, the young star is ready to face it all and put his wild child antics behind him.

"The person I knew is back," a source told the site of Bieber and his latest efforts to change his image.

Bieber took to Twitter on Tuesday to express his excitement to fans over the news of the roast, and joked about working hard to "provide material."

"For years I have wanted Comedy Central to roast me," he wrote to his nearly 60 million followers. "They said only if I provided them w/ more material so for a year now I have worked hard.

"Finally after all that hard work for my 21st bday it's happening. Thanks @RyanSeacrest & @ComedyCentral for the announcement. Let's do it."

But no one is more excited for the event than the Roastmaster himself, comedian Jeff Ross.

Justin Bieber surrendered to police in January 2014 in Toronto to face potential charges for assault.
George Pimentel/WireImage


Justin Bieber surrendered to police in January 2014 in Toronto to face potential charges for assault.

Enlarge

Justin Bieber's mugshot was taken after he was arrested in Miami in January  2014.
Brock Miller/Brock Miller


Justin Bieber's mugshot was taken after he was arrested in Miami in January  2014.

Enlarge
“Christmas came late this year,” Ross joked to the Daily News.

He said rumors of the Bieber roast had been percolating, but he didn’t know for sure until Tuesday.

“I woke up, and my phone was flopping around. My Twitter was blowing up. When I saw it was official, I thought, this is either the best or worst move of his life, depending on how he takes it,” Ross said.

“It can’t help but be cathartic. A little tough love seems to be exactly what he’s looking for. I think he’s brave to do it,” Ross said. “I’m excited. He’s a brave boy.”

Asked how he plans to prepare, Ross laughed and said he's pasting Bieber posters around his house.

“I feel like I have to listen to his music,” he joked. “Now it’s a day later, and the reality is setting in.”

Tags:
entertainment news ,
justin bieber ,
comedy central