Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Justin Bieber makes video apology after 'Ellen' appearance

Justin Bieber makes video apology after 'Ellen' appearance:

Unbeliebable!

Ellen DeGeneres had a surprise guest for the taping of her birthday show.

But it wasn’t nearly as surprising as singer Justin Bieber’s apologetic Facebook video posted hours later Wednesday night.

In it Biebs confessed: “I felt awkward up there. I felt like people were judging me. And I really want people to know how much I care, how much I care about people and how I’m not that person who says, ‘I don’t give a f---!’ I’m not that kid.”

So, did Bieber bomb on "Ellen?"

Ellen DeGeneres tweeted to fans: 'I can’t believe the surprise I got for my birthday show. Then I saw his face. Now I’m a Belieber.'
Michael Rozman/Warner Bros. Ellen DeGeneres tweeted to fans: 'I can’t believe the surprise I got for my birthday show. Then I saw his face. Now I’m a Belieber.'
In a clip from the episode, which airs Thursday, he told the audience he was "a little nervous."

"I just get nervous around crowds when I’m not singing," the pop star explained. "Just naturally I'm a performer, but to sit down and be on camera and have to say things like ya know?"

DeGeneres made the attempt to make him feel more comfortable by saying, "you know I think a lot of people that are in this business people don’t understand that you can be an extrovert when you’re performing, but an introvert all other times."

After the taping he continued to express his angst over the appearance.

“I was really nervous. And I think I was nervous because I’m just, I was afraid of what people are thinking about me right now,” Bieber said in the home video.

“It’s been a minute since I’ve been in a public appearance and I didn’t want to come off arrogant or conceited — or basically how I’ve been acting the past year, year-and-a-half.

The dark and grainy clip, which lasts about 1:40, shows an emotional Bieber seemingly at a crossroads.

Bieber gets emotional in his Facebook video on Wednesday.
Justin Bieber via Facebook


Bieber gets emotional in his Facebook video on Wednesday.

Enlarge

The 20-year-old's antics have come under scrutiny in recent years.
Allen Berezovsky/Getty Images


The 20-year-old's antics have come under scrutiny in recent years.

Enlarge


Bieber gets emotional in his Facebook video on Wednesday. The 20-year-old's antics have come under scrutiny in recent years.
“I’m not who I was pretending to be,” he said in a video that’s been viewed more than 1.1 million times on Facebook.

“When I say pretending, often we pretend to be something we’re not as a cover-up of what we’re truly feeling inside. There was a lot of feelings going on in there. Just being young and growing up in this business is hard. Growing up in general is hard.”

The Canadian singer will be roasted by Comedy Central one week after his 21st birthday on March 7.

He offered up some new material for the comedy hit squad in this rambling video message.

“I’m a person who genuinely cares,” Bieber said. “Although what’s happened in the past has happened, I just want to make the best impression on people and be kind and loving and gentle and soft. Although people can call me a softy, that’s how my mom raised me.”

DeGeneres revealed in Thursday’s episode that she was asked by the Biebs' manager, Scooter Braun, to be one of the people to roast the young star, but she declined.

"I don’t like being mean to people. Why are you doing this?” she asked.

“I think it’s just cool to be able to laugh at yourself so. I’ve done some things. That might not of been the greatest," Bieber responded.

“Really? Nothing comes to mind. I don’t know what you’re talking about?” she joked back.

“I just want to be able to ya know. And kind of just kind own up to some of the things," Bieber added.

ON A MOBILE DEVICE? WATCH A CLIP OF BIEBER ON "ELLEN" HERE.

Follow on Twitter @jmolinet

jmolinet@nydailynews.com

Tags:
entertainment news ,
tv ,
justin bieber ,
ellen degeneres