Reflecting on his well-documented behavioral issues and various gaffes, Bieber says he identified with Winehouse after watching Amy, Asif Kapadia’s documentary on the late singer.
Turns out the struggle is real, even for the world’s biggest pop star.
“I watched the Amy Winehouse documentary on the plane and I had tears in my eyes because I could see what the media was doing to her, how they were treating her,” Bieber told the UK’s popular music weekly. “People thought it was funny to poke her when she was at rock bottom, to keep pushing her down until she had no more of herself. And that’s what they were trying to do to me.”
Take a moment to reflect on Winehouse’s well-documented struggle with substance abuse and the parallels Bieber draws here sound trivial. However, tragedy aside, the comparison may actually be fair. With the spotlight on him from such a young age, of course the Belieber craze has fans and media alike holding the singer to a “different standard.”
As for Bieber “being a normal 19-year-old,” however, we remain unconvinced. His voice is always on point, but to fancy himself a tragic figure – let alone a victim of his superstardom – is pretty tone-deaf.
Like what you see? How about some more R29 goodness, right here?
Gwen Stefani On Her Divorce & Relationship With Blake Shelton
QUIET! Missy Elliott Just Released An Epic New Video
10 Questions We Still Have About These Missy Elliot Videos
- FASHION WEEK - USA Fashion and Music News
- HOLLYWOOD NEWS - Hollywood News Blogger
- PALCO MP3 - Download Music Legally Direct From Artist
- LAST FM - Download Music Legally Direct From Artist
- USA FASHION Google + - Fashion Models Photography Videos Beauty
- DISNEY CHANNEL - Photos and Music News
- BABY JUSTIN BIEBER - Google Images Google News
- LADY GAGA - Google Images Google News
- ACROSS THE UNIVERSE - Google Images Universe Pictures
- VICTORIA´S SECRET FASHION SHOW - Victoria´s Secret Fashion Show Photos